In compliance with Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker’s “stay at home” instruction, the following changes for the LSTC campus were initiated starting at 5:00pm on Saturday, March 21. Please continue to watch for updates as they become available here.
For the remainder of the semester:
- Individuals entering the main building are now being asked to wear face coverings in accordance with the latest CDC guidelines. Additional protocols have been distributed to faculty and staff for when their physical presence at the main building is necessary.
- Courses are being delivered remotely, with the clear intent that all courses will be completed by May 8. Professors are in contact with their students to ensure coursework requirements can be completed appropriately.
- Commencement will not be conducted as an in-person event. Alternatives for marking this occasion and celebrating this accomplishment are being explored.
- Augustana Chapel staff continue to hold online worship using Zoom. Services will be held Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 11:15 a.m. Learn more here.
- The JKM Library is closed. Material due dates will be extended during the closure. Electronic resources such as those through the EBSCO databases and eBooks remain available, as will document delivery through PDFs to the extent possible.
- The Language Resource and Writing Center is closed. Services will continue through e-mail and video conferencing.
- Main building access is restricted to prearranged and/or essential services only.
- Katie’s Closet food pantry will be open on Monday, March 30, 2020, and then will be temporarily closed for two weeks.
- The mailroom continues to operate from 11:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Saturday.
- The refectory remains closed through the end of the semester.
- On-campus housing remains open and essential services will continue. Residents will receive direct communication regarding any changes to procedures.
- Employees continue to deliver essential support services. For specific questions, please contact departmental leaders by e-mail. Please consult the staff directory for contact information.
Through the end of May:
- All previously scheduled events through the end of May will be postponed, cancelled or reconfigured virtually.
Please continue to direct questions about LSTC’s response to Bob Berridge, vice president of operations, firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.256.0700.
Vice President of Operations
The Lutheran School of Theology (LSTC) is dedicated to bearing witness to the good news of Jesus Christ. Based in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood, it is the leading urban Lutheran seminary training students for purposeful vocations in the global community. Aligned with its Lutheran heritage and built on a foundation of intellectual rigor, LSTC’s innovative, nationally recognized curriculum gives students skills for visionary Christian leadership in the public sphere.