Each year LSTC presents alumni awards to graduates of the seminary and its legacy institutions who have distinguished themselves in faithful service to the gospel and the body Christ.
2020 Alumni Awards will be announced during Homecoming, scheduled for October 14-15, 2020. Stay tuned for more information about our awardees.
LSTC alumni and friends are invited to nominate an individual who exemplifies ministry excellence in one of the following:
- Emerging Voice: shows excellence in ministry, in their first 3-10 years of ministry.
- Witness to the World: clergy or lay person engaged in the work of public church in any setting, may or may not be on the roster.
- Specialized Ministry: involved in church-related ministries such as chaplaincy, campus ministry, social service, education, music ministry.
- Called to Lead: those visibly answering the call to prophetic leadership in the wider church.
- Excellence in Parish Ministry: excellence in preaching, teaching, pastoral care, evangelism, or stewardship, with at least a decade of ministry experience.
- Faithful Servant: those whose faithful service inspires love of God and neighbor.
- Lifetime Service:occasionally we recognize an alumnus/a who has recently died and who has exemplified servant leadership throughout their lifetime (not awarded every year).
The Alumni Relations Committee, on behalf of the LSTC Alumni Board, thoroughly reviews all information received and thoughtfully recommends candidates to the Alumni Board to make a final decision. Awards are presented during Homecoming.
Questions? Contact Alumni Board member Sara Olson-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.