2018 & 2019 Distinguished Alumni Awards
The Called to Lead Award - Rev. Terry Kyllo, 1991 MDiv
The Emerging Voice Award - Rev. Angela Khabeb, 2009 MDiv
The Witness to the World Award - Rev. Karen Soli, 1998 MDiv
The Specialized Ministry Award - Rev. Mike Blair, 1985 MDiv
The Excellence in Parish Ministry Award - Rev. Carolyn Fredriksen, 1982 MDiv
The Faithful Servant Award - Rev. Paul Hanson, 1966 MDiv
The Lifetime Service Award - Mr. Daniel Rossing, 1972 MA
The Called to Lead Award - Rev. Dr. Terrence Baeder, 1971 MDiv, 1977 STM, 1981 DMin
The Emerging Voice Award - Rev. Kjersten Priddy, 2012 MDiv
The Witness to the World Award - Rev. Dr. Jensen Seyenkulo, 1994 ThM, 1999 PhD
The Specialized Ministry Award - Rev. Dr. Chris Heavner, 1983 MDiv
The Excellence in Parish Ministry Award - Rev. Dr. James Fowler, 1995 DMin
The Faithful Servant Award - Deacon Marilyn Olson, 1994 MDiv
The Lifetime Service Award - Rev. Dr. Gordon Straw, 1997 ThM
Each year LSTC presents these awards to graduates of the seminary and its legacy institutions who have distinguished themselves in faithful service to the gospel and the body Christ.
We invite you, alumni and friends, to nominate an individual who exemplifies ministry excellence in one of the following:
- Emerging Voice: shows excellence in ministry, in their first 3-10 years of ministry.
- Witness to the World: clergy or lay person engaged in the work of public church in any setting, may or may not be on the roster.
- Specialized Ministry: involved in church-related ministries such as chaplaincy, campus ministry, social service, education, music ministry.
- Called to Lead: those visibly answering the call to prophetic leadership in the wider church.
- Excellence in Parish Ministry: excellence in preaching, teaching, pastoral care, evangelism, or stewardship, with at least a decade of ministry experience.
- Faithful Servant: those whose faithful service inspires love of God and neighbor.
- Lifetime Service: occasionally we recognize an alumnus/a who has recently died and who has exemplified servant leadership throughout their lifetime (not awarded every year).
Please complete the nomination form and include documents supporting your nominee to the LSTC Advancement Office. Nominations are accepted from today through January 15. (Award recipients for the fall have already been selected.)
The Alumni Relations Committee, on behalf of the LSTC Alumni Board, thoroughly reviews all information received and thoughtfully recommends candidates to the Alumni Board, which makes its decision at its winter meeting. Awards are presented during the Annual Leadership Conference.