Effective June 3, Chicago officially entered the “Cautiously Reopen” phase of Mayor Lightfoot’s “Protecting Chicago” reopening framework. The LSTC Viral Outbreak Response Team continues to take a measured approach to bringing the community back to campus. All efforts to design the return to work are guided by science, safety, and reducing risk for our most vulnerable.
During this phase:
- Departments have designed initial plans to bring back limited employees into the main building to complete necessary work.
- Common spaces will remain closed.
- Employees will wear face coverings when traveling throughout the building.
- Meetings will remain predominantly through video and teleconferencing.
- The main building continues to be open for receiving deliveries and mail pickup.
- The Refectory is now open for take-out and delivery through GrubHub.
- Katie’s Closet food pantry continues to operate for the LSTC student community.
- Student housing remains open and resources remain available for student support and pastoral care.
Please continue to watch for updates as they become available here.
Director of Human Resources
The Lutheran School of Theology (LSTC) is dedicated to bearing witness to the good news of Jesus Christ. Based in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood, it is the leading urban Lutheran seminary training students for purposeful vocations in the global community. Aligned with its Lutheran heritage and built on a foundation of intellectual rigor, LSTC’s innovative, nationally recognized curriculum gives students skills for visionary Christian leadership in the public sphere.