At LSTC you’ll find a degree program to give you the sound theological education and the skills you need to fulfill your call.
We offer both online and in-person classes. You may have questions about LSTC's commitment to providing educational opportunities and engagements during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about how our faculty are preparing for the upcoming semesters from Dr. Eric Kyle in this video.
LSTC Degrees & Programs
- Master of Divinity (MDiv) prepares you for ordained ministry.
- Master of Arts (MA) provides a foundation for academic vocations or can be a way to nourish your faith through study.
- Master of Arts in Ministry (MAM) prepares you for ministry as a deacon in the ELCA.
- Master of Theology (ThM) is both a first degree for students in the PhD program and for those with an MDiv or MA who wish to do focused study.
- Dual Degree Programs are offered collaboratively with other universities. The BA/MDIV program allows students to receive both degrees in five years, in partnership with Augsburg University. The MDiv/AM or MA or MAM/AM degree allows students to earn a master’s in social work at the University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration while earning an MDiv or MAM degree.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) prepares people for teaching ministries or provides deeper understanding and enrichment for pastors.
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin) gives mid-career pastors ways to grow in their ministry skills.
- Register as a Special Student (non-degree option) to take just one course.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773.256.0727.