LSTC is rising to the challenge and we need you to join us! The Giving Day challenge: $125,000 from 325 donors in 24 hours. Can we do it? Yes, we can!
On April 6-7, noon to noon, follow #LSTCGives during our 24 hours of giving. We'll be posting videos and personal pleas through the day on LSTC's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.
Giving Day 2021 Theme
The Giving Day 2021 theme aligns with our new strategic plan's title - For such a time as this. The plan calls on us to transform the challenges we face as a church and as a society into opportunities to give a bold witness of faith and risk action for the sake of others.
What do gifts support?
Funds generated through Giving Day 2021 donations will support two initiatives of the plan: scholarship support and antiracism efforts.
- Support two scholarships for students of color: the Grover Wright Scholarship Fund and the Carole A. Burns Memorial Scholarship (images of Mr. Wright and Ms. Burns below). Learn more about these scholarships.
- Support the Albert "Pete" Pero Jr. Multicultural Center. Dr. Linda E. Thomas will be leading the Pero Center starting January 2022. Consider making a gift in her honor or in memory of Drs. Pete and Cheryl Pero (pictured below).
What special events will take place April 6-7?
We are proud to offer a variety of events for the general public!
- April 6 at 1 p.m.: Marvin Wickware Jr., LSTC assistant professor of church and society and ethics, will present the third in a series, “Talking About Antiracism.” The title of the presentation is "For Such a Time as This: Public Church Theology in the Pandemic." LSTC Alumni Board members Melissa James and Liz Kocher will serve as hosts. Mr. Vance Blackfox, Rev. Scott Fritz and Rev. Priscilla Paris-Austin will serve on a panel.Register here to receive the webinar link.
- April 6 at 6 p.m.: In "Introducing the Antiracism Transformation Team," Vima Couvertier-Cruz, team liaison, along with team members, will discuss the team's work and purpose at LSTC. Register here.
- April 7 at 8:30 a.m.: Sit in on Dr. Eric Kyle's "Liberatory Educational Ministries" class. Read more about the course and register here.
- April 7 at 11:15 a.m.: Attend worship with the LSTC community! Dr. Peter Vethanayagamony with preach. Register here.
I'd like to join in! What are best next steps?
Here are ways to contribute:
- Make a gift! Your gift in any amount makes a difference and will be matched. Go to our campaign page to make your gift.
- Share why you made your gift on your social media page(s), including a photo or video.
- Share LSTC social media posts about Giving Day on the days leading up to and on the day of the event.
- Sign up to become a Giving Day Advocate, and review our Ambassador Training Session Recording (Passcode: .Z8NCb*p).
- Participate in the four online opportunities highlighted above.
What Giving Day resources are available?
We've got you!
- "For Such a Time as This" Campaign Page
- Giving Day 2021 Volunteer Guide - please note page 6 for additional ways to contribute!
- Giving Day 2021 Color Logo
- Giving Day 2021 White Logo
- Giving Day 2021 Black Logo
- Giving Day 2021 Zoom Background
- Accessing Facebook/Instagram Giving Day 2021 Profile Frames
- Facebook Cover Photo
- Twitter Banner
- LSTC Photos
Who do I contact with questions or ideas?