2018 & 2019 Distinguished Alumni Awards2018 Awardees
The Called to Lead Award - Rev. Terry Kylo
The Emerging Voice Award - Rev. Angela Khabeb
The Witness to the World Award - Rev. Karen Soli
The Specialized Ministry Award - Rev. Mike Blair
The Excellence in Parish Ministry Award - Rev. Carolyn Fredricksen
The Faithful Servant Award - Rev. Paul Hanson
The Called to Lead Award - Rev. Terrence Baeder
The Emerging Voice Award - Rev. Kjersten Priddy
The Witness to the World Award - Rev. Jensen Seyenkulo
The Specialized Ministry Award - Rev. Dr. Chris Heavner
The Excellence in Parish Ministry Award - Rev. James Fowler
The Faithful Servant Award - Deacon Marilyn Olson
The Lifetime Service Award - Rev. Dr. Gordon Straw
2017 Award Pictures
Each year LSTC presents these awards to graduates of the seminary and its legacy institutions who have distinguished themselves in faithful service to the gospel and the body Christ.
We invite you, alumni and friends, to nominate an individual who exemplifies ministry excellence in one of the following:
- Emerging Voice: shows excellence in ministry, in their first 3-10 years of ministry.
- Witness to the World: clergy or lay person engaged in the work of public church in any setting, may or may not be on the roster.
- Specialized Ministry: involved in church-related ministries such as chaplaincy, campus ministry, social service, education, music ministry.
- Called to Lead: those visibly answering the call to prophetic leadership in the wider church.
- Excellence in Parish Ministry: excellence in preaching, teaching, pastoral care, evangelism, or stewardship, with at least a decade of ministry experience.
- Faithful Servant: those whose faithful service inspires love of God and neighbor.
- Lifetime Service: occasionally we recognize an alumnus/a who has recently died and who has exemplified servant leadership throughout their lifetime (not awarded every year).
Please complete the nomination form and include documents supporting your nominee to the LSTC Advancement Office. Nominations are accepted from today through January 15. (Award recipients for the fall have already been selected.)
The Alumni Relations Committee, on behalf of the LSTC Alumni Board, thoroughly reviews all information received and thoughtfully recommends candidates to the Alumni Board, which makes its decision at its winter meeting. Awards are presented during the Annual Leadership Conference.