LSTC joyfully offers an abundance of scholarships. Donations from individuals, churches, synods, and multiple foundations enable LSTC to provide scholarships at a higher level than ever before, allowing for generous financial aid offers for most students.
LSTC Visionary Scholarships
- Presidential scholarships (full tuition annually)
- Dean’s scholarships (half tuition annually)
- Servant scholarships ($5,000)
At this time, there are no separate scholarship applications required for LSTC Visionary Scholarships; scholarships are awarded at the time of admission based upon merit. Please note that an application for admission into LSTC programs is January 15, 2022 (PhD and THM degrees) and February 7, 2022 (MDiv, MAM, and MA degrees).
- ELCA students in candidacy toward Word and Sacrament or Word and Service are encouraged to apply for the ELCA’s full-tuition Fund for Leaders scholarship.
- LSTC also participates in several outside scholarships such as the Munderloh Foundation scholarship and the Siebert Foundation scholarship.
Public Church Fellows Program
LSTC’s innovative Public Church Fellows program combines service at a community non-profit or social service agency with intentional small group reflection and faith formation. Public Church Fellows receive a $500 monthly stipend during the academic year.
A key component of LSTC’s claim as a “community to form leaders to form community” is our affordable and classic Chicago apartments right down the street from our main building. These apartments are already heavily subsidized, but we are now able to provide housing stipends for some students every year, which can cover your rent expenses.
For more information about financial aid at LSTC, contact:
Nate Ramsey, Director of Financial Aid