Advanced Studies Program Coordinator
The person in this position provides assistance to the Director of Advanced Studies in the oversight and administration of the Th.M. and Ph.D. programs at LSTC and provides administrative support for the Doctor of Ministry program. The Advanced Studies Program Coordinator will be a salaried, full-time position with medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Director in the daily operations of the Advanced Studies Office, and relates to faculty, staff, and students as a resource person on behalf of the office.
- Coordinates the ELCA International Leaders Program on LSTC’s campus, supporting its cohort of global fellows.
- Prepares student admission files for faculty review and communicates admissions decisions.
- Assists in the preparation and reconciliation of the advanced studies budget.
- Tracks and communicates internal financial aid decisions made by faculty.
- Collaborates as necessary with Finance Office on student billing issues.
- Schedules and proctors examinations and colloquies.
- Monitors satisfactory academic progress for students.
- Assists in the planning of LSTC and consortial (DMin) orientations.
- Tracks applications, admissions, and financial aid for the Doctor of Ministry program.
- Corresponds with Doctor of Ministry applicants and students.
- Serves as the Primary Designated Signing Official and Responsible Officer for F and J visa programs in coordination with the Dean of Student Services.
- Oversees and coordinates all necessary visa documentation.
- Advises all F and J visa holders on maintenance of status and benefits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree, and familiarity with higher education processes. Candidates with experience overseeing government programs, especially with F and J visas and SEVIS reporting, are preferred. We are proud that over half of our Advanced Studies students come from outside of the United States, and therefore, the ideal candidate will have experience working with international students and coordinating international travel.
This position requires excellent computer skills in database management and in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel. Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills are essential. Familiarity with ELCA structures and the capacity to respond in a caring and understanding manner are paramount to the Coordinator’s success. LSTC is committed to diversity. Women and/or persons from historically underrepresented cultural groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Profile of the Seminary
The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago forms visionary leaders to bear witness to the good news of Jesus Christ. Its students come from all parts of the United States and from around the world to study in one of six graduate degree programs. LSTC is a seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. It seeks to build up the Body of Christ and work for a world of peace and justice that cares for the whole creation. LSTC is located in the beautiful Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. Join our team of employees committed to serving through the ministry of our school. More at www.lstc.edu.
Please submit a letter of interest that includes: a) your reasons for applying, b) your work experience in higher education, and c) a description of how you connect to LSTC’s mission. Please send a current resume that includes the contact information for three professional references. Email your resume and letter of application to: email@example.com.