Are you called into the world?
Study in the city—prepare for ministry in the world. The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, nestled in the eclectic neighborhood of Hyde Park, is known for its excellence in equipping visionary leaders to serve the public church. We believe the best way to prepare leaders to serve in a diverse world is to tap into the resources and relationships offered by a lively city.Learn More
Leaders of Leaders
Our superior faculty provides a sound theological education, and invites students to tackle difficult questions and tough ethical issues. LSTC values both its Lutheran heritage and its commitment to shaping forward-thinking leaders who bear the good news of Jesus Christ to the communities to which God calls them.Meet our faculty
Affordable and Accessible
Financing a seminary education can be a challenge. We’ll work with you one-on-one to tap into generous donations and partnerships with organizations and foundations to find you scholarships and grants.Learn More
Hyde Park, a popular neighborhood on Chicago’s South Side, is ethnically and economically diverse. Student housing is just across the street from the seminary, and all the perks of a large city are within blocks: shops, museums, restaurants, public transportation, and beautiful Lake Michigan. The University of Chicago, located nearby, shares its world-class library and its social and cultural life with seminary students.Learn More
- Sara Trumm appointed as Director of A Center of Christian-Muslim Engagement for Peace and Justice
- Tim Brown returns to alma mater LSTC as Gift Officer
- LSTC hires director of Advancement Operations
- LSTC hires Director of Philanthropic Engagement
- PhD Student Denise Rector chosen for panel, forum attendance
- Clyde Walter appointed Vice President for Advancement
- Eric J. Kyle appointed Director of Contextual Education
- September 10, 2019, 12:15-12:45 p.m. Manz Organ Recital Dr. Keith Hampton, Cantor to the LSTC Community
- September 24, 2019, 4 p.m. The Scherer Lecture “Out of the Covers: Rereading Mission Translated Bibles,” presented by the Rev. Dr. Steed Vernyl Davidson, Dean of the Faculty and Vice President of Academic Affairs; Professor of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, McCormick Theological Seminary presents this year’s lecture. View more info here.
- October 6, 2019, 2 p.m. Film Screening “Same God” at American Islamic College, 640 Irving Park Road, Chicago, explores the controversy that erupted when a Christian professor wore a hijab to express solidarity with Muslims. Panel discussion with Dr. Larycia Hawkins, the subject of the film and Linda Midgett, the film’s producer and director, will follow. Purchase a $5 ticket at http://bit.ly/Same-God.
- October 7, 2019, 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Global Table Talk Lunchtime discussion of the documentary “Same God” with Laryrcia Hawkins in the Language Writing and Resource Center at LSTC, 1100 E. 55th St. Free and open to the public.
- October 9-10, 2019 2019 Homecoming: Hear My Voice Reminisce and reconnect with former classmates, learn what’s new at LSTC, engage in special worship services and programs, explore the Campus and Hyde Park Community, and let’s celebrate the many years of ministry and service together. More info coming soon!
- October 10-12, 2019 Music That Makes Community Learn practical skills and diverse repertoire to explore how paperless music can strengthen and enrich worship and community life. Learn more or register here.
- October 19-21, 2019 Seminary Sampler Learn more about degree programs, costs and financial aid, what it’s like to be a student, and the community at LSTC. More at www.lstc.edu/admissions/visit.