Are you called into the world?
Study in the city—prepare for ministry in the world. The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, nestled in the eclectic neighborhood of Hyde Park, is known for its excellence in equipping visionary leaders to serve the public church. We believe the best way to prepare leaders to serve in a diverse world is to tap into the resources and relationships offered by a lively city.Learn More
Leaders of Leaders
Our superior faculty provides a sound theological education, and invites students to tackle difficult questions and tough ethical issues. LSTC values both its Lutheran heritage and its commitment to shaping forward-thinking leaders who bear the good news of Jesus Christ to the communities to which God calls them.Meet our faculty
Affordable and Accessible
Financing a seminary education can be a challenge. We’ll work with you one-on-one to tap into generous donations and partnerships with organizations and foundations to find you scholarships and grants.Learn More
Hyde Park, a popular neighborhood on Chicago’s South Side, is ethnically and economically diverse. Student housing is just across the street from the seminary, and all the perks of a large city are within blocks: shops, museums, restaurants, public transportation, and beautiful Lake Michigan. The University of Chicago, located nearby, shares its world-class library and its social and cultural life with seminary students.Learn More
- LSTC hires director of Advancement Operations
- LSTC hires Director of Philanthropic Engagement
- PhD Student Denise Rector chosen for panel, forum attendance
- Clyde Walter appointed Vice President for Advancement
- Eric J. Kyle appointed Director of Contextual Education
- LSTC awards Madres por la Paz the Community of the Cross Award
- LSTC awards Vítor Westhelle the Confessor of Christ Award
- September 3, 2019 Fall Semester Begins We welcome all new and returning students, faculty and staff.
- September 4, 2019 Opening Convocation Join us in the Augustana Chapel.
- September 24, 2019, 4 p.m. The Scherer Lecture The Rev. Dr. Steed Davidson, Dean of the Faculty and Vice President of Academic Affairs; Professor of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, McCormick Theological Seminary presents this year’s lecture.
- October 9-10, 2019 2019 Homecoming: Hear My Voice Reminisce and reconnect with former classmates, learn what’s new at LSTC, engage in special worship services and programs, explore the Campus and Hyde Park Community, and let’s celebrate the many years of ministry and service together. More info coming soon!
- October 10-12, 2019 Music That Makes Community Learn practical skills and diverse repertoire to explore how paperless music can strengthen and enrich worship and community life. Learn more or register here.