Instructions for Getting Mail
from LSTC Outlook to Gmail
Open a web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) and go to your personal email account. Below are instructions if you use GMail. If you use another email provider, you will want to search for something like “get mail from other accounts” or “using POP3.”
- Click on “Settings” located at the top right of the window.
- Now click on “Accounts” tab located in the box in the center of the screen.
- Now select “Check Mail Using POP3.”
- Add POP3 email account.
- When the new window opens type your LSTC email address into the Email address box. (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Then Click Next Step
- Now type in your LSTC username and password into the correct boxes
- Under POP Server replace what is there with 188.8.131.52
Support Desk advises that a check be placed next to the “Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server.” If you do not check this box, then you will no longer have a copy of the message in your Outlook account. (NOTE: Help Desk CANNOT retrieve messages from Gmail or restore them to Outlook once they have been moved.)
- Click add Account
- Select “Yes” if you would like to send emails that will appear as they are coming from your LSTC account – with the original sender’s name. (If you select Yes see below)
- Click Next Step
- Fill in your name
- Click Next Step
- Click Send Verification
- An email will be sent to your LSTC account
- You should be finished
- Follow the directions in the email.
- If you select “No” then click Next Step to finish.
Sign on to LSTC Webmail
Email link for Faculty, Students and Staff:
To access your email using Outlook Web Access, click on the link above.
At the login screen use the following format:
Password: your password
- If a security warning appears, you should indicate that you want to proceed with access to the site.
Password Change Rule
Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters Be at least seven characters in length Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %) Example password : Initials "student ID" !
For additional support contact the LSTC Information Technology Support at email@example.com or 773-256-0780.