Elective courses may include:
- Hispanic/Latino/a History
- Hispanic/Latino Theology
- Pedagogy/Methodology with Latin American or Hispanic/Latino/a emphasis
- Immersion/Urban Class with emphasis in Hispanic/Latino/a ministry
- Justice and Human dignity in the words of Latino/a Theologian in the U.S.
- Independent Study (may be a possible option)
Field components will include:
- Urban CPE Site that has a Hispanic/Latino/a community
- Ministry in Context and/or Internship/Residency in an ELCA Hispanic/Latino/a community
- Internship in a Hispanic/Latino/a context
Optional components may include:
- Attend Hispanic/Latino/a conferences, workshops, traveling seminars, or retreats.
- Take courses in offsite center, such as Austin Extension Program
- Do an intensive language residency in a semester or J-Term
Contact Prof. José David Rodríguez for more information.