If you can’t make it to our campus in Chicago, LSTC’s Director of Admissions will be visiting campuses around the country.
If you would like to make an appointment with Scott Chalmers in your area, please contact him at email@example.com
Discerning Your Vocation
"Vocation is where your deep gladness meets the world's deep need." Frederick Buechner
Jesus called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, "If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel, will save it." Mark 8:34-35
Is God calling you to seminary? If you suspect the answer is "yes," you may be feeling joyful or filled with dread. You may be confident about the next steps and you may have doubts. Here are resources to think about discernment and explore your sense of God's calling more deeply.
- Read an e-Devotional on Call, written by former LSTC admissions director Joy McDonald-Coltvet.
- Have you heard God's call to ministry?
- What do Lutherans mean by vocation?
- Imagine Yourself being who God created you to be!
- I know I'm not called to be a pastor, but I've heard there are other options.
If you'd like someone to talk with about your story, vocational questions and discernment process, contact:
Scott Chalmers, Director of Admissions