Each year LSTC presents these awards to graduates of the seminary and its legacy institutions who have distinguished themselves in faithful service to the gospel and the body Christ.
We invite you, alumni and friends, to nominate an individual who exemplifies ministry excellence in one of the following:
- Emerging Voice: shows excellence in ministry, in their first 3-10 years of ministry.
- Witness to the World: clergy or lay person engaged in the work of public church in any setting, may or may not be on the roster.
- Specialized Ministry: involved in church-related ministries such as chaplaincy, campus ministry, social service, education, music ministry.
- Called to Lead: those visibly answering the call to prophetic leadership in the wider church.
- Excellence in Parish Ministry: excellence in preaching, teaching, pastoral care, evangelism, or stewardship, with at least a decade of ministry experience.
- Faithful Servant: those whose faithful service inspires love of God and neighbor.
- Lifetime Service: occasionally we recognize an alumnus/a who has recently died and who has exemplified servant leadership throughout their lifetime (not awarded every year).
Please complete the nomination form and include documents supporting your nominee to the LSTC Advancement Office. Nominations are accepted from today through January 15. (Award recipients for the fall have already been selected.)
The Alumni Relations Committee, on behalf of the LSTC Alumni Board, thoroughly reviews all information received and thoughtfully recommends candidates to the Alumni Board, which makes its decision at its winter meeting. Awards are presented during the Annual Leadership Conference.