This full-time, salaried position will be a part of the Student Services team which includes the Dean of Student Services, Director of Admissions, Director of Financial Aid, and Student Services Assistant. In collaboration with the Director of Admissions, the Recruiter will travel and recruit on both the national and local level and will coordinate contacts through the ELCA and other communities to promote admissions, provide counsel on ministry vocations, and provide information about LSTC’s programs. The Recruiter will work directly with colleges, churches, synods, and other ELCA seminaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent LSTC’s programs and preparation for ministry offerings in a variety of contexts: college campuses, ELCA congregations and synods, camps, and denominational events.
- Work closely with congregations and colleges/universities in Metro Chicago, Greater Milwaukee, Nebraska, South-Central Wisconsin, Central-Southern Illinois, East-Central Wisconsin, and Southeastern Iowa to cultivate relationships and recruit students.
- Maintain contact with prospective students and respond to inquiries.
- Assist in meeting recruitment goals.
- Help to develop and administer recruitment through use of social media.
- Participate in and support the work of the admissions committee.
- Attend and assist with campus admission events.
- Utilize student information system software to manage prospective student communications.
Interested applicants should be committed to the Church’s work of ministry and to the vocation of recruiting promising candidates for the educational programs of LSTC. Preference will be given to candidates with a good working knowledge of the ELCA and LSTC, including a knowledge and/or willingness to learn of rostered ministry and other forms of full-time Christian services. Best suited applicants will be willing and able to travel up to 50% of working hours, have good organizational skills, and able to show warmth and welcome to a diverse group of constituents. Applicants should have experience leveraging social media for marketing purposes and must exhibit a high degree of intercultural competency. LSTC is committed to diversity. Women and/or persons from historically underrepresented cultural groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Profile of the Seminary
The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago forms visionary leaders to bear witness to the good news of Jesus Christ. Its students come from all parts of the United States and from around the world to study in one of six graduate degree programs. LSTC is a seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. It seeks to build up the Body of Christ and work for a world of peace and justice that cares for the whole creation. LSTC is located in the beautiful Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. Join our team of employees committed to serving through the ministry of our school. More at www.lstc.edu.
Please submit a letter of interest that includes: a) your reasons for applying, b) your work experience relevant to a seminary recruiter position, and c) a description of how you connect to LSTC’s mission. Email your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com.