LSTC Resources for Lifelong Learning
You may find the following links helpful resources:
You may also find the following features/web links of interest:
- "Stewart W. Herman, Jr.—Eyewitness to History" by James Scherer (Supplement to the Epistle Magazine)
- "Stewart Herman, Jr.—The Man in the Middle of Things for LSTC" by Philip Hefner (Supplement to the Epistle Magazine)
- Resources for deliberating on U.S. military intervention in Syria
Prompted by a faculty conversation several days earlier, President Nieman invited the LSTC community to gather on Sept. 10 for conversation about proposed military intervention in Syria. Several faculty members read statements from religious leaders or organizations. Members of the community shared their thoughts, informed by their commitment to the gospel. Our purpose was not partisan, but faithful deliberation of a difficult matter. Following the conversation, President Nieman shared these resources.
- Why worship matters in the digital age
Pastor Craig Mueller (1988, M.Div.; 2013, D.Min.) presented these remarks as part of a panel at the Congregations Project sponsored by the Institute of Sacred Music at Yale University.
- Working together - Religion and labor (Supplement to the Epistle Magazine.)
- "It all starts with baptism: Luther on vocation" by Kurt K. Hendel (Supplement to the Epistle Magazine)
- The 2011 Byberg Preaching lectures and sermons that Barbara Rossing and Benjamin Stewart gave in Oregon are available online for downloading or listening.
- Listen to three of Barbara Rossing's 2011 Rocky Mountain synod assembly presentations.
- Christian education curricula developed by LSTC students and awarded the Creative Teaching Ministry Grant
- Songs based on scriptures: What began as an internship project for LSTC student Charles Feathersone developed into a collection of original songs based on scripture and Luther's theology.
Follow LSTC professors in off-site speaking engagements and learning opportunities: Speaking Engagements.