Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago

LSTC >> Seminary Life >> International Students >> F & J Students

International Students: F-J Visas

Must Do

F and J students must report change of address to the ISAO immediately upon moving.

Students must file an AR-11 form with the government within 10 days of moving.


F-2 Students can only register as part-time students according to the new government regulations.

Students are only permitted to work on campus. During regular sessions you may only work up to 20 hours per week, but are allowed to work full-time on campus during vacation time.

J-1 Visa students can work on and off campus as well as the dependent (spouse), J-2 visa holder.

Please contact Joy Philip by email at or visit the office in room 351 for questions concerning visa and immigration issues.

Page last modified Mar 24, 2016