The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago has many partners in theological education throughout the Chicago area. Four seminaries are located within the Hyde Park neighborhood, in easy walking distance from LSTC:
- Chicago Theological Seminary (CTS), United Church of Christ
- McCormick Theological Seminary (MTS), Presbyterian
- Meadville/Lombard Theological School (MLTS), Unitarian/Universalist
- Catholic Theological Union (CTU), a federation of more than 30 Roman Catholic religious orders
These seminaries, together with the Divinity School of the University of Chicago, identify themselves as the Hyde Park Cluster of Theological Schools.
Seminaries located in other parts of the Chicago region are:
- Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, American Baptist
- North Park Theological Seminary, Evangelical Covenant
- Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, Episcopal
- Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, United Methodist
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Evangelical
- Mundelein Seminary of the University of St. Mary of the Lake, Roman Catholic
All these seminaries together compromise the Association of Chicago Theological Schools (ACTS Consortium).
LSTC students can freely cross-enroll for courses at any of the ACTS schools and can bi-register to take courses at the University of Chicago Divinity School for a fee.
SCUPE offers experiential learning that allows the city to touch the heart and the heart to reach out to the city. Our academic courses prepare individuals with information and skills to become effective agents of transformation in our urban world.