Environmental Ministry Emphasis
This curricular emphasis enables Masters students to gain the knowledge and experience to address environmental issues from a theological and a practical perspective in the congregation and other ministry settings. It requires that students work together in a covenant group on projects with LSTC's Green Zone to acquire training for work in the parish or community. Course work, field components and a senior project are other emphasis requirements.
Elective courses may include:
- Greening the Parish
- Environmental Public Ministry
- Environmental Science and Social Policy for Church Leaders
- Biblical Perspectives on Nature
- Rural Ministry Immersion
- The Epic of Creation
- Bioethics in a Multicultural World
Students may also want to take advantage of courses offered through the Association of Theological Schools (ACTS), events and opportunities offered through the Green Zone, or courses offered at the University of Chicago.
Field work in this emphasis may include:
- Urban CPE in Environmental Ministry
- Ministry in Context project
- Internship part time in an Environmental Agency
- Internship project on Environmental Ministry
- Field placement
Contact Dr. Barbara Rossing for more information.