At LSTC you will find a wealth of resources to help you explore and fulfill your call to be a pastor, theological educator, lay professional leader, diaconal minister, or other leader in the church.
Below are brief descriptions with links to excerpts from our full 2014-2016 Catalog [PDF]. Please reference the catalog for the most up-to-date information concerning our new degree outlines and requirements.
- Master of Divinity: for those pursuing an ordained service in the church
- Master of Arts in Ministry: for those pursuing a professional service as diaconal ministers, associates in ministry, and deaconesses in the ELCA or other specialized ministries
- Master of Arts (Theological Studies): for those pursuing theological study as an academic discipline or for the nourishment of their faith
- Doctor of Ministry: for pastors pursuing mid-career growth in the arts of ministry
- Doctor of Philosophy: teaching ministries or for theologically enriched pastoral leadership
- Dual Degree Program: in cooperation with the University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
Those considering ordained ministry and chaplaincy most often choose the Master of Divinity degree. Those who hope to earn their Ph.D. most often begin with the Master of Arts in Theological Studies or Master of Divinity degree. Those who are preparing for a variety of ministries choose the Master of Arts in Ministry degree.Perhaps you want to take just one course, registering as a Special Student (non-degree options) or need to take several courses to meet ELCA Candidacy requirements (non-degree options).
If you have any questions please contact us!