Growth in Faith Courses - Fall 2013
Spiritual Formation at LSTC
Administered by Pastor Joan L. Beck
Cornelsen Director of Spiritual Formation
About the “Growth in Faith” program and workshops:
- Growth in Faith (GIF) activities focus on living and serving in relationship with God in Christ. They do not involve simply learning about relationship with God but are meant to develop your confidence that you are engaged in partnership with God.
- Growth in Faith (GIF) workshops and retreats are open to all LSTC students and the entire community, including staff, spouses, partners, and family members.
- Master of Divinity students must complete five Growth in Faith credits as a graduation requirement.
- GIF activities are not graded. Pastor Joan Beck, the Director of Spiritual Formation, certifies that students have completed a GIF activity and informs the registrar, who enters the GIF credits on student records. Questions about completed GIF records should be addressed to the registrar's office.
- “Christian Life Community” (CLC) is a required GIF that M.Div. students take during their first fall semester in residence (unless other arrangements are made). The spring semester CLC is highly recommended but not required.
- This brochure (PDF format) describes Growth in Faith offerings for Fall 2013 as well as the offerings that take the entire year to complete.