International Student Services Coordinator
This position is part-time/20 hours a week and reports to the Dean of Student Services.
Position Summary: The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago (LSTC) has recently reinstated a much needed Dean of Student Services position, and the International Student Services Coordinator will play a key role in this new restructuring. LSTC is blessed by the presence of our international students, and to support these students both academically and in matters of community life it is essential that there is one central staff member to advocate and support them.
- Assist in the preparation/orientation of all incoming international students
- Provide a safe space for international students to communicate their needs
- Work closely with international students in the area of cultural adjustment
- Partner with Language Resource and Writing Center (LRWC), International Student Association (ISA), SEVIS officer, academic advisors and other key groups
- Help international students coordinate transportation needs
- Coordinate regular gatherings of international students and their families
- Assist in the planning of ISA events and larger community wide events including local congregations
- Connect international students with available community resources including tax filing and health insurance
Bachelor’s degree required, familiarity with higher education preferred. Experience working with international students is essential. Familiarity with ELCA structures is a plus. Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills are essential. This position requires an individual with intercultural competency and a strong sense of hospitality.
To apply, email résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Profile of the Seminary
The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago forms visionary leaders to bear witness to the good news of Jesus Christ. Its students come from all parts of the United States and from around the world to study in one of six graduate degree programs. LSTC is a seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. It seeks to build up the Body of Christ and work for a world of peace and justice that cares for the whole creation. LSTC is located in the beautiful Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. Join our team of employees committed to serving through the ministry of our school.